St Mary of the Angels’ buildings and surrounds
A Catholic church has been on this site since 1843.
This present church was opened in 1922, exactly fifty years after the death of Bishop Philippe Viard (1809-72).
Stained glass at St mary of the Angels
The stained glass of St Mary’s connect us with Bishop Viard.
They also illustrate the Parables, Crucifixion and Jesus’ Miracles.
Fr David Kennerley sm has prepared a commentary on the stained glass windows