Under alert level 2, the church building is open for private prayer and visits only. There will be no Masses celebrated in the whole Archdiocese of Wellington until at least Wednesday 19 August. Read the full announcement below.
Updated as of 1.00pm 13th August 2020
Click on the various topics below for more information.
At alert level 2 the parish office is open as normal, with the secretary in on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Should we move to alert level 3, the parish office will be closed to visitors. You will be able to contact the secretary via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and if you wish to speak to a priest you may call (04) 473 8074.
The Angelus for this Sunday 16th August will be distributed to parishioners via email and uploaded online at this link.
There will be a few physical copies in the church.
- Online Daily Mass (Diocese of Christchurch): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbDyKPjjDeYWfpoz_hSDLfw
- Universalis https://universalis.com/index.htm provides the Liturgy of the Hours and Mass readings for each day.
- https://www.sacredspace.ie/ provides simple guided prayer for each day.
Article: ‘Vatican allows General Absolution allowed during pandemic’: https://cathnews.co.nz/2020/03/23/vatican-allows-general-absolution/
In response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Pope Francis gave his Urbi et Orbi blessing to the city of Rome and to the world. Watch this 60 min Youtube recording from Saturday at 6am here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcUqLrbi9C
See the Cardinal’s official letter to parishioners by clicking here. (Please note that there have been further restrictions put in place since the distribution of this letter)
- Read the latest Parish announcement here (27/05/2020)
- Read the Bishops’ Pastoral Letter to Parishioners here (26/05/2020)
- Gathering advice for Parishes (27/05/2020)
- Read the latest announcement from our Parish Priest (14/05/2020)
- Read the latest Bishops’ Letter to Parishes (12/05/2020)
- Read a letter from Fr Patrick, Liturgy Adviser, regarding alert level 3 – click here.
- Read the Easter Pastoral Letter from Bishops of Aotearoa NZ by clicking here.
- Read the Pastoral letter from the Bishops of Aotearoa NZ regarding Covid-19 by clicking here.